Today we have a sweet treat on ESW blog. We teamed up with Chloe Kerr Cakes to bring you another delicious recipe. I hope you enjoy these Strawberry and Cream Powder Puffs as much as I did, believe me when I say they were delicious! These bite sized puffs of heaven are sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next event. Chloe has kindly shared her recipe with us below.
Strawberries & Cream Powder Puffs. 2 large eggs, 1/3 cup caster sugar, 2 Tbls cornflour, 2 Tbls plain flour, 2 Tbls self raising flour, 3/4 cup thickened cream, 2 Tbls icing sugar, 1/2 cup fresh strawberries finely diced.
- Preheat the oven 180°C. Line a large oven tray with glad bake.
- Beat eggs with caster sugar in a kitchen aid mixer until thick, pale and foamy, roughly 5 minutes.
- Sift flours together, twice. Sift a third time over the egg mixture and fold through gently until combined.
- Fill a large piping bag with the mixture. Pipe 20c coin sized rounds onto tray, bake for approximately 7 minutes until golden. Cool.
- Whip the cream & icing sugar until soft peaks form, fold through finely diced strawberries.
- Sandwich the puffs with a dollop of the cream mixture. Dust with icing sugar.